Silicone elastomers from Dow provide the total manufacturing solution because of their physical properties, excellent resistance to harsh environments and their ease of processing via various methods (molding, extrusion, calendering and coating). They provide several important benefits:
- Long service life in adverse environments
- Flexible and resilient across a wide temperature range
- Excellent electrical insulating qualities?
- Enhanced comfort and feel
- Can be formulated to meet the requirements of sensitive applications, such as for food-contact, drinking water and infant care
Type of silicone elastomers
High Consistency Rubber (HCR): options for heat cured ready-to-use compounds, silicone rubber bases, modifiers and dispersions, and pigments.
- SILASTIC? HCRs are commonly used in automotive components, including high temperature hoses, dust covers, boots, engine mounts and exhaust hangers.
Fluorosilicone Rubber (FSR): options for heat cured ready-to-use compounds, fluorosilicone rubber bases, modifiers and dispersions, and pigments.
- SILASTIC? FSRs can enhance component reliability in harsh environments with heat, cold and aggressive fluids, making them useful for a range of industries: automotive, aerospace/aviation, oil, gas and petrochemical, as well as industrial.
Liquid Silicone Rubber (LSR): two-part dispensable silicone materials that are readily mixed and rapidly heat-cured.
- SILASTIC? LSRs are widely used in injection molding, fabric coating, dipping and extrusion coating processes. Application areas are numerous, including the automotive, aerospace, appliance, business machine, electrical and consumer industries.
液態氟硅橡膠 (F-LSR): 熱固化即用化合物、氟硅橡膠基、改性劑和分散劑的可選材料；也是結合了氟硅橡膠性能優勢和液態硅橡膠易加工性的雙組分有機硅材料。
- SILASTIC? 氟硅橡膠可以在高溫、低溫和充斥腐蝕性液體的惡劣環境下增強部件穩定性，因而被廣泛應用于汽車、航天航空、油氣石化、工業制造等行業。
- SILASTIC? 液態氟硅橡膠 (F-LSRs)可以使用注塑成型設備，也可作涂料應用，來生產在極端溫度下耐受燃料和油，例如汽車部件中的橡膠密封件、密封墊、隔膜片和高性能發動機中的其它部件。